**Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. However, the views and opinions expressed are my own. Some information was supplied by HomemakersOnline to give the reader an better understanding of what to expect. All images supplied by HomemakersOnline**
A reflection of its people
I’m sure that you can relate to the saying, “Home is where the heart is…” But here’s one to think about, “a home is a reflection of its people“. My home is my sanctuary, my safe place. My happy place. I’m a sucker for spending time at home. Home is where I’m happiest. My home definitely is a reflection of my spirited family. From our small passage like kitchen, p.s. our home is older than us 🙂 and we are still doing renovations , to our neat and tidy, well after the kids go to bed and before they wake up in the morning it’s very neat and tidy, living areas in our home.
Our home is not picture perfect. We have some DIY projects that are still in the pipeline. Even some that have been started but not completed. But this is our home. This is us. This house that we call a home is a reflection of US.
Today’s home is a reflection of its people, gone is the need to look like the Joneses. Our homes are authentically us, stripped of pretence. Product transparency is also a growing trend; we shop with a higher conscience focusing on wellness and sustainability, wanting to know the person or story behind our purchase.
This year the Pretoria HOMEMAKERS Expo brings you the stories and the best products in home improvement. The Expo is where you can come face-to-face with the craftspeople or knowledgeable experts who provide visitors with the best understanding of the product.
The show helps to expand dialogue between homeowners and suppliers. It offers unique ways for you to see, touch, feel and compare products and services.
The 2019 theme of Raw Comfort, embraces perfect imperfections, and through various talks and demonstrations we will show you how to get in touch with a more organic world.
Show features for Pretoria Expo include:
- Jacaranda FM, broacasting live from the Expo.
- Raw Workshop – Proudly brought to you by World of Decorative Concrete. Think of it sort of like craftsmen showing off their products of trade.
- Thrive for Good Theatre with Izelle Hoffman – Healthy Lifestyle Expert and Chef, Izelle Hoffman as she cooks up her most delicious, everyday, healthy dishes. The Thrive for Good theatre promises to be a hub of excitement, surprising culinary ideas and truly good food.
- Thrive for Good Challenge – Teams of home chefs and families go head-to-head to cook the most inventive, delectable and most importantly healthy dishes. Inspired by Izelle Hoffman and Thrive for Good, contestants will have to bring their best to win the ultimate prize of a tailor-made, hardcover, 50 recipe cookbook personally created for them by Izelle Hoffman. This challenge will allow healthy home chefs to show off their skills while learning a few tips and tricks from Izelle Hoffman as they cook.
- Java and Script Cafe – Enjoy a break while sitting down with a new book and sipping on a cup of freshly brewed coffee in this special restaurant area. Browse through the Exclusive Books bookshelves and take a book or two home to indulge in later.
- Designer Spaces Challenge – Proudly Sponsored by Paint Master. Be inspired by authentic design styles of the world. Local interior designers have been given the challenge to create a space inspired by their favourite country. From Japanese-style offices to Scandanavian-style bedrooms, this demo space will show off what the designers have created. Best of all, it gives you a chance to get expert advice on how you can recreate the style in your own home.
- Colour Cube – Be inspired to add a new colour to your life at Colour Cube brought to you by Paint Master. As a third-generation, proudly South African, premium paint manufacturer and contractor, the team will be on hand to give you technical advice, assistance and quotes, all free of charge. Bring your ideas, designs and questions to Colour Cube brought to you by Paint Master where you can sit down with a professional or walk through the Colour Cube house to help bring your ideas to life. From preparation to finishing touches for indoor and outdoor painting, you are guaranteed to walk away with a wealth of inspiration and expert advice.
- Truly Artisan – Meet designers and find must-have décor products including textiles, crafts, ceramics, art and furniture currently trending for your home.
- D’Vine Life – Families, friends and food-loving fanatics can whet their appetites to their hearts’ content at the HOMEMAKERS Food Market. Delightful delicacies await those with a passion for varying cuisine!
- D’Vine Style – a brand new addition to Pretoria HOMEMAKERS Expo. Celebrating South African fashion, D’vine Style is a hub of bespoke clothing, fashion and textiles.
Show dates: 24 – 26 May 2019 at the Sun Arena, Times Square, Menlyn
Friday 10h00 – 19h00
Saturday 09h00 – 18h00
Sunday 09h00 – 18h00
Where to find HomemakersOnline:
Twitter – @SAHomemakers
Facebook – www.facebook.com/HOMEMAKERSonline
Instagram – HOMEMAKERS_Expo
Want to WIN tickets to visit the HomeMakers Expo?
I have x10 double tickets up for grabs. Find the giveaway links on my social media platforms:
T’s & C’s
**Competition closes Sunday 19 May 2019. Winners will be announced on my social media accounts by 21 May 2019.
Open to South African residents only.
Winners will be randomly selected.
No correspondence will be entered into once a winner is selected. I reserve the right to disqualify invalid entries. **