Self proclaimed consumer watchdog and RIP Isabel Jones
I’m officially dubbing myself as the new consumer watchdog via my blog. I’ve wondered way too many times why I buy certain things. Maybe it’s because the ad was great/enticing/cunning/just a great ad/ whatever it may be I fell for it. Then I get to try *insert relevant product here* and voila it doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to. Or it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to. Many of you might be familiar with Isabel Jones and I must add that I was taken aback when I heard of her passing, RIP Isabel Jones. I thought “Who would tell me about “What not to buy” or “What is just a load of crap” etc. Somewhere< I actually thought that “I” could be a consumer watchdog. I don’t want to have a TV show, ok maybe later but just a few cameo appearances nothing major. > But I could definitely give you a couple of reviews that would shock the nation.
I hardly drink alcohol. I gave up smoking. But I do love shopping! I do love shopping! <for the record I don’t think shopping is a girls thing. My Dude gets more excited about a sale than me. I am not kidding.>
Shopping is my vice. Online/in person/ though an agent, doesn’t matter. <My friends think that I’m a groupon junkie – for the record I love groupon.>
Epic fail with some consumer products
1. Vacuum bags – this worked maybe for a week and then it popped in my cupboard, spilling items. You know the ones I’ talking about? The storage bags where you can store crap, use a vacuum to suck out the air and flattened it. Basically it gives you much needed space in your cupboards.
2. Manicure set – Woe is me – when I tried this battery operated thingy I thought that I was about to grind off my hand never mind my nail. I hardly have time to do nails so this was a way of getting an express mani. This thing is a serious hazard. I’m going to donate it to Dude – he can use it in the garage. Think of it as a mini grinder.
3. Potato peeler – that supposedly makes those yummy spirally potato stick things. I must admit I’ve never tried it because I don’t know how to assemble it and every time I try to assemble it the thing falls apart. We bought this product a good couple of years ago.
4. Russell Hobs Take two coffee maker – I loved the idea because it was coffee on the go. BUT I drink hot coffee. By the time you’re done brewing the coffee is not even warm it’s luke warm. Epic fail Russell Hobbs.
5. Pineware frying pan – Yesterday I bought a frying pan at PnP hyper. It was on special and I’ve been wanting to buy a smaller one as we have a big one but I want or rather need a smaller one. I assemble the knob to the lid and 1, 2, 3 it breaks. The knob. Now I have a frying pan lid with a screw attached but no knob. I have to go and exchange it today. Can I bill PnP for my fuel? It’s costing me an extra trip and no one is covering my fuel. So what I saved on the purchase price I’m spending on fuel.
You just can’t win. That’s enough ranting for one day. Just a quick question – Has anyone registered for E-tolling? It seems that no one is taking this seriously. But how can we when the fuel is higher, the food is more expensive and the electricity as well as the rates and taxes. I don’t think that I’m going to get a e-tag. Sorry Sanral. Government – you need to give back the Pension money…