I started this week on such a high, I was planning to just chillax… If you haven’t yet done so read about it here.
Sadly, that dream was shortlived!!!!! As I had back to back meetings and all kids of emergencies not long after I published that post… (Murphy!!!! Eff off)
So, today it occurred to me that certain things are happening, and in the throes of life we get so busy that things go unnoticed…. But as I’ve decided to make an effort to take in my environment, this is what I’ve observed:
1. Conversations take place whilst I’m in the lavatory! (Dude & Dudie always have something to tell me when I’m in the lavatory… I’m not kidding. I’ve mentioned this to them and Dudie cried crocodile tears cos I don’t want to leave the door open and he wants to see me. After Dude explained that it’s my decision to close the door and he should respect that, he now just comes to knock or randomly screams… Are you ok mamma?)
2. Dudie breaks every single crayon in half before he uses them. Even the brand new ones that just came out of the box… Sigh… I have no idea why he does this.
3. Dude is decluttering….. his stuff that’s standing around anyway so it makes sense… He feels that he can’t handle all the stuff being everywhere. But it is in fact him who put it there/left it there/or decided to not put it away…
4. These days we eat more vegetables than before.
5. We eat less junk food/snacks/take aways.
6. You can feel the holiday spirit! Whoop Whoop
7. Alcoholic beverages are increasing. ( After Dudie went to bed on Saturday, Dude & I had a mini shooter party at home 🙂 I did feel like crap when Dudie woke us on Sunday, 6:45am, to say “wake up guys. Let’s go to Church!” So we eventually got to church, very late, but we made it. And had a KFC drive thru breakfast on the way home.)
8. I’m constantly looking for deals/specials/shopping trips…. I feel like shopping ALL the time
9. I bought some Sloggi undies and man oh man it feels like liquid silk on my @$$. LOL. It really does wonders when you wear new undies. Well fr me, at least.
10. Dudie wrote a letter to Santa. Well I wrote it for him. He had a long list of really inexpensive gifts so I guess I’ll indulge him. (We wrote the letter after he had a meltdown in Makro over some stupid watergun thing. I do believe that we have more than enough of those but my child seems to think otherwise. So I suggested a letter to Santa. All smiles by the time we left Makro. ) Oh one of the items that Santa has to bring is Ferrero Rocher chocolates. My kid loves chocolate just like me 🙂
Have a great day. I’m counting the last working days…